Wednesday, January 7, 2015

PENGUINS

It now is January which means learning about PENGUINS for first graders! Our classroom is officially ready and we have slowly started implementing our Penguin unit of study. Next week we will DIVE right in and begin studying non-fiction/informational texts to help us learn about penguins and we will begin to work on some of our own information books as well. 

Our classroom door :)

Watching a brief video to introduce Penguins as our next Unit of study in science. 

Speaking of this...if you have any books (non-fiction OR fiction) about Penguins at home that you would like to let us borrow for our Unit I would greatly appreciate it! I just ask that you label them with your name so that they don't get misplaced while we have them. I have just purchased a number of nonfiction options, but would love to borrow some fun fiction stories to read involving Penguins as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment